In our experience, great performance is a combination of three elements. It’s best conceptualized by this model, the Three-Legged Stool of Great Performance™:
In a three-legged stool model, all three must be present or the stool collapses. Here are the elements of great performance:
- Skill: I know what I’m doing. I have the skills. If I don’t then TRAINING is the remedy.
- Will: I know what I’m doing (strong skill leg) but I don’t want to do it. MOTIVATION is the remedy.
- Focus: I know what I’m doing and I really want to do it, but I’m just not sure where or how to regulate my skills, or where to put my effort.
Focus can sometimes be the most challenging aspect. It’s the reason we created the MOFFA™
The MOFFA™ addresses three elements of Focus:
- Overall, what are my preferred area of Focus?
- In my preferred area, how strong are my normal, comfortable behaviors?
- What is my overall behavioral style?
The MOFFA™ gives an individual and their manager a nice snapshot of what is preferred and what can be expected in terms of behaviors. A second assessment we developed, the OMOFFA™ enables organizations to take existing and new jobs and assign an expected level of behaviors and focus factors. Combined, they provide a useful and practical resource for any organization that values employee development and insists on great performance as the standard.
For more information on how the MOFFA™ can help you better develop your talent, CONTACT US today!
Authorized Users click HERE to access your account.
(To manage your organizational accounts, be sure to click on the ORGANIZATION button)